I-MED Pharma Distributes Cutting-Edge Equipment for Epi-LASIK, LASIK and Lamellar Keratoplasty.
Epi-LASIK is a refractive procedure performed with an epikeratome which mechanically cleaves the epithelium from the Bowman’s membrane, leaving a pristine optical zone for laser ablation. The epithelial flap can then either be discarded or repositioned, according to the surgeon’s preference.
Many surgeons have made Epi-LASIK their procedure of choice for surface ablation. With the Epi-KTM MORIA epikeratome, and the latest refinements in technique and postoperative care, Epi-LASIK produces faster healing and visual recovery than all other surface ablation procedures.
lntacs® for KERATONOCUS.
A new standard of care is fast becoming the preferred treatment for patients suffering from keratoconus. lntacs® corneal implants can now potentially defer the need for a corneal transplant. Historically, physicians and patients didn’t have a choice. Once a patient becomes intolerant of contact lenses or glasses, their only option has been to undergo a corneal transplant. Today, surgeons around the world are choosing a less invasive standard of care and achieving excellent results with lntacs® corneal implants.
- Restores contact lens tolerance by creating a more natural prolate corneal shape.
- Excellent safety record, with an exceptionally low complaint level.
- The implant of choice to manage the widest spectrum of keratoconic patients.
- Fast, minimally invasive procedure.
- Performed with world-class sets of instruments producing highly consistent results.
- Clinically established refractive change of between 2 to 12 diopters- UCVA and BCVA.
- Supported by over 100 peer-reviewed articles since 2001.
- Implanted outside of central optical zone, with low incidence of visual symptoms after surgery.
- Security of removability and replaceability with no reported risk of further complications.
- lntacs®are registered in over sixty countries, FDA approved & have a European CE Mark.
REFRACTIVE VERSUS THERAPEUTIC.
Quality of Life for Your Patient.
lntacs® corneal implants delay a corneal transplant indefinitely, restore contact lens tolerance and, in most instances, provide improvement in best corrected visual acuity. For the keratoconus patient having 20/40 vision only a few hours a day due to painful contact lens wear, lntacs corneal implants are a new standard of care. In the only Quality of Vision study ever published with corneal implants, nearly 50% of lntacs® patients rated their vision Good to Excellent as compared to only 10% preoperatively with contacts, and 90% rated their vision Fair to Excellent compared with a 70% preoperative rating of Poor.(1)
Reference (1) Cohn J. lntacs and Keratoconus Treatment. J Cataract Refract Surg 2006; 32:747-755