A LONG-LASTING SOLUTION FOR DRY EYE MANAGEMENT USING PATENTED IRPL® TECHNOLOGY (Intense Regulated Pulsed Light)
E>EYE is the first medical device in the world using IRPL® technology that has been specifically designed for the treatment of dry eyes due to meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD).
Meibomian gland dysfunction has been identified as a principle cause of dry eye disease. It results in the tear film becoming unstable, leading to an insufficient production, or an excessive evaporation of tears. It is now acknowledged that most cases of evaporative dry eye are primarily due to a compromised external lipid layer of the lacrimal film, caused by malfunctioning meibomian glands.
How IRPL® Technology Works
E>EYE is a dry eye treatment that generates a new polychromatic pulsed light by producing perfectly calibrated and homogenously sequenced light pulses. The sculpted pulses are delivered under the shape of regulated train pulses. The energy, spectrum and time period are precisely set to stimulate the meibomian glands to return them to their normal function.
Easy to Use, Fast and Tailor-Made for Optometrists & Ophthalmologists
- E>EYE is user-friendly & intuitive, with no risk for errors.
- A treatment session can begin within a few seconds and takes only 3 minutes to perform
- No pre-heating is required
- The E>EYE is a compact device that will fit into any eye care professional’s practice space.
Simple & Fast
Session treatments take only a few minutes.
- Patients are comfortably seated on a treatment chair, preferably tilted. The metal eyewear protection is adjusted on the patient’s eyes. Optical gel is then applied on the cheekbone and the temporal areas.
- A series of 5 flashes is applied under one eye, starting from the inner canthus up to the temporal area, using the nominal power.
- The same process is then repeated under the other eye.
IRPL® treatments lead to the meibomian glands returning to their normal function in a very short amount of time (approximately 2 hours) following the treatment.
The full success of treatment depends on the compliance with a specific protocol. For optimal results, perform treatments on Day 1, Day 15 and Day 45, and then as needed according to the patient’s symptoms.
Dr. Dash speaking about IRPL® Technology
Clinical studies have been conducted in France, New Zealand and China. These studies have shown the following:
- A considerable improvement in the symptoms perceived by patients with a 90% satisfaction rate on the first 2 treatments.
This improvement has been acknowledged from the patient’s opinion about the discomfort levels before and after the treatment and the improvement of the fixation time while reading or watching television. This improvement is clearly felt from the initial session for the first couple of days and is increasing in time after the second and following treatments.
- A correlation between patients’ perceptions and clinical measurements executed.
45% of patients originally classified as level 2 (Oxford classification) have, after instillation of fluorescein, improved by one or two levels. 81% of patients from level 1 have improved by one level.
These results were obtained two months (on average) after the third treatment.
Patients suffering from a more severe pathology, classified on the 3rd and 4th level, will need to treat both inferior and superior eyelids. The ocular globe would need to be protected by a haptic contact lens. In these cases, improvement by one to two levels is expected.
View the advantages of exclusive IRPL® technology versus conventional IPLs below.
- Medical CE Certification (European Standard) & TGA registration approved in 2013.
- Warranty (2 years)
- New IRPL® Technology (Intense Regulated Pulsed Light)
- Made in France
100% developed and made in France by E-Swin, the world largest medical intense pulsed light manufacturer
certified ISO 9001 and ISO 13485.