The I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System
THE NEW STANDARD FOR MEASURING TEAR OSMOLARITY
I-PEN®, the world’s first portable device to detect and measure the tear film osmolarity levels associated with dry eye disease.
- Quantitative measurement of osmolarity
- Affordable point-of-care test
- Quick and simple to use (Entire test can be done in seconds)
- Reproducible, accurate, and reliable results
- Uses Single-Use-Sensors (SUS)
REVOLUTIONIZING TEAR ANALYSIS WITH THE I-PEN® TEAR OSMOLARITY SYSTEM
The I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System is a sophisticated electronic system designed for the quantitative measurement of osmolarity (concentration of dissolved salts in solution) of human tears in normal and dry eye disease patients.
The I-PEN®, used in conjunction with the I-PEN® Single Use Sensors (SUS), provides a quick and simple method for determining tear osmolarity of the tissues bathed in the tear film of the orbital tissues such as the palpebral conjunctiva. After approximately 2 seconds of contact with the eyelid tissue, the I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity system will display a quantitative tear osmolarity test result on the liquid crystal display (LCD) in units of mOsms/L. No calculations required. The I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System utilizes an impedance measurement to provide an indirect assessment of osmolarity of the tear film of the eye.
The I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System is designed for use as an in-practice measurement tool both for patients presenting with dry eye symptoms and for all pre-and post-surgical patients. In addition, the I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System is an invaluable asset for monitoring the progress of dry eye treatment therapies. The I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System is for professional in-vivo use only.
Its ease of use, portability, and rapid result output make it a user-friendly tool for eye care professionals.
- Innovative Technology: The I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System utilizes an impedance measurement for an indirect appraisal of the tear film on the eye, leading the way in tear analysis technology.
- Speed and Precision: With the I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System, tear analysis has never been quicker or more accurate. Get results in as little as 2 seconds without the need for additional calculations.
- User-Friendly Design: The I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System combines the power of advanced technology with the convenience of a user-friendly interface, making it an essential tool for professionals.
- Portable and Convenient: With its compact design, the I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System can easily be used in different settings, offering portability without compromising on precision.
- Advanced Care: The I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System is also suitable for pre-and post-surgical patients, enhancing patient care and treatment monitoring.
- Enhanced Patient Experience: With its quick results and simple operation, the I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System offers an improved patient experience, reducing the time spent on testing, while increasing comfort.
- Professional Use: The I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System is intended for professional, in-clinic use only, offering a sophisticated and reliable tool for monitoring the progress of dry eye treatment therapies.
The Dry Eye Workshop II (DEWS II) is a comprehensive diagnostic protocol for Dry Eye Disease that emphasizes tear film instability and hyperosmolarity as key factors.
The I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System aligns well with the DEWS II protocol in several ways:
- Tear Osmolarity Measurement: The DEWS II report identifies tear osmolarity as a critical determinant of Dry Eye Disease. The I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System can quantitatively measure tear film osmolarity levels, helping to identify patients with dry eye.
- Speed and Efficiency: DEWS II protocol emphasizes the need for swift and accurate detection of dry eye conditions. With the ability to display results in as little as 2 seconds, the I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System increases the efficiency of diagnostic procedures.
- Comprehensive Patient Care: The I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System is suitable for both pre-and post-surgical patients, aligning with DEWS II’s holistic approach to patient care, which includes monitoring and managing the disease’s progression.
- Monitoring Disease Progression: The DEWS II protocol underscores the significance of monitoring treatment effectiveness over time. The I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System is an invaluable tool in this regard, providing accurate measurements that can help eye care professionals track the progress of dry eye treatment therapies.
- In-Practice Screening: The DEWS II protocol recognizes the importance of in-practice screening for early detection and management of Dry Eye Disease. The I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System is a professional tool designed to measure tear film osmolarity, helping eye care professionals in the dry eye diagnostic process.
- User-Friendly Design: DEWS II protocol aims for patient comfort during the diagnostic process. The I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System, with its user-friendly interface, ensures a comfortable and efficient patient experience.
By aligning with the DEWS II protocol, the I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System contributes to a more effective and comprehensive diagnostic process for Dry Eye Disease.
The I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System requires:
- Single-Use-Sensors (SUS) sold separately
- Replacement battery CR2032 (available at most retailers)
To Be Used In Conjunction With I-PEN® Single Use Sensors (SUS)
- Designed for in-vivo use with I-PEN®
- Accurate and reliable results
- Individually wrapped for single use
- Box contains 50 sensors
See How The I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System Works