The New Standard for Diagnosing Dry Eye Disease
I-PEN®, the world’s first, hand-held, point-of-care, solid state electronic diagnostic device to detect and indirectly measure the tear film osmolarity levels associated with marginal, mild, moderate and severe Dry Eye Disease.
- Quantitative measurement of osmolarity
- Affordable point-of-care test
- Quick and simple to use (takes less than 5 seconds per eye)
- Reproducible, accurate and reliable results
- Uses Single-Use-Sensors (SUS)
How Does Tear Film Osmolarity Work?
The I-PEN® Osmolarity System is a solid state electronic diagnostic device for the quantitative measurement of osmolarity (concentration of dissolved salts in solution) of human tears in normal and Dry Eye Disease patients..
The I-PEN® Osmolarity system, used in conjunction with the I-PEN® Osmolarity Single Use Sensors (SUS), provides a quick and simple method for determining tear osmolarity of the tissues bathed in the tear film of the orbital tissues such as the papabral conjunctiva. After approximately 2 seconds of contact with the eyelid tissue, the I-PEN® will display a quantitative tear osmolarity test result on the liquid crystal display (LCD) in units of mOsms/L. No calculations required. The I-PEN® Osmolarity Test utilizes an impedance measurement to provide an indirect assessment of osmolarity of the tear film of the eye.
The I-PEN® is designed for use as an in-practice screening device both for patients presenting with dry eye symptoms and for all pre-and post-surgical patients. In addition, the I-PEN® is an invaluable asset for monitoring the progress of dry eye treatment therapies. The I-PEN® is for professional in-vivo diagnostic use only.
The I-PEN® requires:
- Single-Use-Sensors (SUS) sold separately
- Replacement battery CR2032 (available at most retailers)
To Be Used In Conjunction With I-PEN® Single Use Sensors (SUS)
- Designed for in-vivo use with I-PEN Tear Osmolarity System
- Accurate and reliable results
- Individually wrapped for single use
- Box contains 50 sensors
See How The I-PEN® Osmolarity System Works