- Strip Meniscometry Test for measuring tear volume
- Rapid and reliable (5 seconds per eye)
- Non-invasive (no anesthetic required)
- For professional in-vivo diagnostic use only
- Box contains 50 test strips
SMTube® is a tube used as a diagnostic method to examine and measure tear function by absorbing the tears. It is the latest version of the SM test strip with enhanced handiness and improved design for safety. Our in vitro experiments to assess tear-absorbing ability confirmed that the device error stayed within ±1.2 mm in the score, which is precise enough to evaluate the human tear volumes.
How to use:
1. Carefully open the transparent, sterile pouch at either of the ends of the pouch as to not damage the device.
2. Hold in the center of SMTube® strip as indicated in the diagram to the right. Do not touch the tips of the strip containing the blue dye area.
3. Apply the tip of the SMTube® of R mark portion on the right eye for 5 seconds to the lateral lower lid tear meniscus without touching the cornea and conjunctiva.
Contact with tear
Avoid touching the cornea
4. Measure the length of the stained tear column, marking by a pen. A reading of 5 and over is normal, anything under 5 is deficient.
5. Repeat the same procedure of L mark portion tip on the left eye.