Last updated: May 26, 2023
I-MED Pharma Inc. and our subsidiaries and affiliates (“I-MED”, “we”, “us” or “our”) take steps intended to meet privacy principles and requirements with respect to personal information under applicable privacy legislation.
This policy describes:
- How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our customers and website users (“you“).
- Describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website imedpharma.com (our “Website“).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We will only use your personal information in a manner consistent with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
This policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about you:
- On our online services including the Website and our social networks pages.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
- When you interact with our advertising on third-party websites and services if those advertising include links to this policy.
- From our affiliates and third parties that may provide us with information about you.
Information we collect about you
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, user name or other similar identifier, billing and account information and any other identifier we may use to contact you (“personal information“).
- Non-personal information, that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information.
- Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- Non-personal details about your Website interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Payment information, including your credit card details, billing and shipping addresses, and order history.
- Account information, including your user login information and password and your login details from a linked account used to login such as your Google, Facebook or Shopify login details.
How we collect information about you
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties. From time to time, we may use or augment the personal information we have about you with information obtained from other sources, such as public databases, social media platforms and other third parties. For example, we may use such third party information to better understand your interests by associating demographic information with the information you have provided.
Information you provide to us
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, posting material, subscribing to our newsletter or requesting further services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties, such as product reviews (collectively, “User Submissions“).
Your User Submissions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk.
Information we collect through cookies and other automatic data collection technologies
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons – Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How we use your information
In order to use certain features of our Website, we may request that you provide certain personal information. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To improve our Website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you, as permitted by law. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile, use the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our e-mails or e-mail us at email@example.com. For more information, see Your Privacy Choices. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as part of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We will only disclose your personal information with your consent or if it has legal authority to do so, such as in the following contexts:
- Partners – We may fulfill orders on behalf of health care professionals and clinics. We may disclose your personal information, including products you purchase, to health care professionals for the purposes of following up with your care, analytics, and accounting purposes.
- Legal – We may disclose personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements, and as otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law (including as required by applicable Canadian, American and foreign laws applicable to us or our service providers).
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of I-MED, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We do not sell your personal information or transfer personal information to third parties to use for their own benefit; however, we allow certain companies to place tracking technologies like cookies on our Website. Those companies receive information about your interaction with our Website that is associated with your browser or device and may use that data to serve you relevant ads on our Website or others. Except for this kind of sharing, we do not sell any of your information.
Transferring your personal information
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign jurisdiction, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canada or United States laws. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable in Canada or United States privacy legislation.
By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Website, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.
Your Privacy Choices
You may have certain rights and choices regarding our processing of your personal information. Depending on your jurisdiction, applicable law may entitle you to additional consumer rights, including the right to
- The right to access – You have the right to request for copies of your personal data. The first copy will be provided to you for free, however, we may charge you a small fee for any additional copies. For more information see Accessing and correcting your personal information.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete. For more information see Accessing and correcting your personal information.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to withdraw consent – You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time should the processing of your data be based on consent. We may, however, continue processing your personal data if another legal ground for processing your data is available. For more information see Withdrawing your consent.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our Privacy Officer’s contact details below or per email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you have opted in to receive certain emails from us but no longer wish to have your email address/contact information used to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link we have included in the email. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as part of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We take reasonable measures to limit access to this data to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to perform, develop or improve our services and products.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards, which any Website visitor can view.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
Children under the age of 14
Our Website is not intended for children under 14 years of age. No one under age 14 may provide any personal information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 14. If you are under 14, do not use or provide any information on these Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of these Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 14 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 14, please contact us at email@example.com.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. you may have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. If you are an authorized agent making a request on behalf of a consumer, we may require and request additional information to verify that you are authorized to make that request. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We will provide access to your personal information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation. Examples of such exceptions include:
- Information protected by solicitor-client privilege.
- Information that is part of a formal dispute resolution process.
- Information that is about another individual that would reveal their personal information or confidential commercial information.
- Information that is prohibitively expensive to provide.
We reserve the right to deny your request, including when we cannot verify your identify. Where we deny your request in whole or in part, we will endeavor to inform you of the denial, provide an explanation of our actions, and the reasons for the denial.
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
We will not restrict or deny you access to our goods and services because of choices and requests you make in connection with your personal information. Please note, certain choices may affect our ability to deliver our good and services. For example, if you ask us to delete your information, certain promotions based on your order history may not be available to you.
Withdrawing your consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
Contact information and challenging compliance
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy, and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information listed above.